"We are thrilled to team up with HSN once again on the exciting search for America's next great entrepreneur," said Jane Francisco, Editor in Chief , Good Housekeeping. "Our mission at Good Housekeeping is to provide readers with products that will improve their daily lives, and that's exactly what these finalists have done—created clever, problem-solving inventions, from laundry savers to headache soothers, and more."The five finalists are:
- Myrf Bowry and Leah Dodge (Richmond, VA), who created Dip-A-Di-Do-Da , available in 10 colors, these bowls each have a hole in the bottom that lets you easily drop in a store-bought container like salsa or hummus to make entertaining more stylish and clean up a breeze.
- Olga Elder (Burlington, NC), who created Stoney Mountain Dryer Balls , 100% made in the USA dryer balls that reduce drying time, static and wrinkles through a healthy, non-toxic alternative while also providing a positive social impact through the cottage industry of women who make the product.
- Susan McCusker-Short and Kelsey Short (Boston, MA), who created DecZ Rain Boots , customizable rain boots with decorative inserts to go with any outfit.
- Angela Horevitz (Fort Lauderdale, FL), who created the Bakers Sto N Go , a U.S. made plastic container with adjustable shelves that lets you stash and carry different sizes of baked goods without crushing or smearing them.
- Sherrl Pulie (Easton, CT), who created the Headache Hat , an adjustable head wrap with individual frozen inserts to provide cooling therapy that's easy to wear and mess-free.