The 2017 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey found:
- As much as 80% of all consumers surveyed say at least some of their holiday shopping will be done at small, independently-owned retailers or restaurants;
- Three-quarters (75%) of all consumers surveyed are planning on going to one or more small businesses as part of their holiday shopping;
- 90% of all consumers surveyed agree it is important for them to support small, independently-owned restaurants and bars;
- Of consumers who are aware of Small Business Saturday, 89% agree that the day encourages them to Shop Small all year long, not just during the holiday season;
- For those who are aware and who plan to shop on Small Business Saturday, 44% plan to spend more this year compared to last year.