- ¿ RoughTed - a purveyor of ad-blocker aware malvertising responsible for a range of scams, exploits, and malware. It can be used to attack any type of platform and operating system, and utilizes ad-blocker bypassing and fingerprinting in order to make sure it delivers the most relevant attack.
- ¿ Locky - Ransomware that started its distribution in February 2016, and spreads mainly via spam emails containing a downloader disguised as a Word or Zip attachment and then downloads and installs the malware that encrypts the user files.
- ¿ Seamless - Traffic Distribution System (TDS), which operates by silently redirecting the victim to a malicious web page, leading to infection by an exploit kit. Successful infection will allow the attacker to download additional malware to the target
- Triada - Modular Backdoor for Android that grants super-user privileges to downloaded malware and helps it to get embedded into system processes. Triada has also been seen spoofing URLs loaded in the browser.
- LeakerLocker - Android ransomware that reads personal user data, and then presents it to the user and threatens to leak it online if ransom payments aren't met.
- Lotoor - Hack tool that exploits vulnerabilities on Android operating system to gain root privileges on compromised mobile devices.
* The complete list of the top 10 malware families in October can be found on the Check Point Blog: http://blog.checkpoint.com/2017/11/13/octobers-wanted-malware-cryptocurrency-mining-presents-new-threat/Check Point's Threat Prevention Resources are available at: http://www.checkpoint.com/threat-prevention-resources/index.html Follow Check Point via:Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/checkpointswFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/checkpointsoftwareBlog: http://blog.checkpoint.com YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CPGlobalLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/check-point-software-technologies About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. ( www.checkpoint.com) is a leading provider of cyber security solutions to governments and corporate enterprises globally. Its solutions protect customers from cyber-attacks with an industry leading catch rate of malware, ransomware and other types of attacks. Check Point offers a multilevel security architecture that defends enterprises' cloud, network and mobile device held information, plus the most comprehensive and intuitive one point of control security management system. Check Point protects over 100,000 organizations of all sizes. INVESTOR CONTACT: Kip E. Meintzer Check Point Software Technologies +1.650.628.2040 email@example.com MEDIA CONTACT:Emilie Beneitez LefebvreCheck Point Software TechnologiesTel: +44 (0) 7785 381 302 firstname.lastname@example.org