Here are Doug Kass' top thoughts on some of the biggest stories of the week.
Dillard's Report Positive, Nordstrom Not So Much
I haven't had a chance to fully parse the Dillard's (DDS - Get Report) report -- but it looked good. The shares were up smartly during the regular trading session -- adding +$6.20. Post market and earnings the shares have climbed another +$2.50, to over $59.00 -- for a total gain of +$8.65 on the day! I have held on to a very large and expanding position in DDS, having purchased stock nearly every day in the last week or two.
- Here Is How Millennials Can Get Rich From Exchange Traded Funds
- Should You Use Reddit for Retirement Advice?
Despite the move off the lows, my short book performed well Thursday -- led by Caterpillar (CAT - Get Report) and Deere (DE - Get Report) in the ag equipment space and rails Union Pacific (UNP - Get Report) and CSX (CSX - Get Report) (new short names). More on these four names early next week.
- Is Hashgraph Technology Just Hype, or Can It Dethrone Blockchain?
- 10 Most Worthless Pieces of Military Memorabilia
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
- How he isn't buying that expensive new iPhone
- How he's going back to Macy's
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Doug Kass'--and reader comments--in real time.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet: