- Using science and technology to characterize and improve patient outcomes
- Driving advancements in management paradigms through value based care models
- Using predictive modeling for clinical decision support and better outcomes
- Characterizing the impacts of CKD options education on outcomes and modality selection
- Leveraging coordinated care initiatives to improve patient outcomes
- Defining outcomes related to the management of bone mineral metabolism in renal disease
- Identifying the influences of social determinants of health on clinical measures
Highlights of key Fresenius Medical Care presentations at the 2017 ASN Kidney Week include:
- Association of Peridialytic Systolic Blood Pressure Change and Pre-dialysis Systolic Blood Pressures on Mortality among Hemodialysis Patients. This research investigated if blood pressure patterns before and changes during hemodialysis alter mortality rates. This oral presentation will be given by Hanjie Zhang, MS on Thursday, Nov. 2 at 5:42 p.m. in room 277 (TH-OR007).
- Quasi-continuous Monitoring of Intraperitoneal Volume Using Segmental Bioimpedance in Peritoneal Dialysis Patients. This research explored whether bioimpedance techniques can be used to monitor the dynamics of intraperitoneal volume. This oral presentation will be given by Fansan Zhu, PhD on Thursday, Nov. 2 at 5:54 p.m. in room 290 (TH-OR095).
- Impact of Transition of Care Visits on Readmission Rates in Dialysis Patients. This study investigated if introduction of value based transition of care visits after hospital admissions are associated with improved readmission rates. This oral presentation will be given by Terry L. Ketchersid, MD, MBA on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 5:30 p.m. in room 292 (SA-OR036).
- Factors Associated with Gastrointestinal Bleeding in End Stage Renal Disease Patients. This research investigated if demographic and clinical characteristics are predictive of gastrointestinal bleeding. This poster presentation will be given by Thomas C. Blanchard, PhD on Thursday, Nov. 2 from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (TH-PO777).
- Effects of Predictive Modeling Assisted Care Interventions on Hospitalization Rates in Hemodialysis Patients. This research investigated the impacts of a pilot program that utilizes predictive modeling to assist in identification of patients at risk for hospitalization thereby allowing clinicians to intervene in a timely manner. This poster presentation will be given by David F. Sweet, MSN on Friday, Nov. 3 from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (FR-PO897).
About Fresenius Medical Care North AmericaFresenius Medical Care North America is the premier health care company focused on providing the highest quality care to people with renal and other chronic conditions. Through its industry-leading network of dialysis facilities, outpatient cardiac and vascular labs, and urgent care centers, as well as the country's largest practice of hospitalist and post-acute providers, Fresenius Medical Care North America provides coordinated health care services at pivotal care points for hundreds of thousands of chronically ill customers throughout the continent. As the world's largest fully integrated renal company, it offers specialty pharmacy and laboratory services, and manufactures and distributes the most comprehensive line of dialysis equipment, disposable products and renal pharmaceuticals. For more information, visit the FMCNA website at https://fmcna.com.