- E (Everyone): Content is generally suitable for all ages. May contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
- E 10+: Appropriate for gamers, ages 10 and up. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.
- T (Teen): Suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
- M (Mature): Generally appropriate for 17 and up and may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
3. Find Brain GamesKids love video games because they're fun, but the benefits of video gameplay go far beyond entertainment. A recent GameStop survey found that 71 percent of parents believe that playing video games can help kids develop strategic thinking skills. With the right, age-appropriate games, children can hone a variety of skills, including problem solving, creativity and team work. Gaming can also boost confidence and motivate kids to set and achieve new goals. Titles that require active play can even improve hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills. 4. Save Time with Proven Picks With hundreds of games to choose from, GameStop associates strive to make life a little easier for time-strapped gifters with age-appropriate recommendations. This list includes many of the hottest, kid-tested games of the year—alongside their parent-approved benefits. Tiny Gamers (ages 3-7)
- Minecraft Story Mode The Complete Adventure: Creativity, problem solving
- Lego Ninjago: Team work, problem solving
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Problem solving, strategic thinking
- Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out, Together!: Problem solving, strategic thinking
- Super Mario Odyssey: Team work, problem solving
- Splatoon 2: Team work, strategic thinking
"At GameStop, our associates are experts in all things gaming," said Eric Bright, GameStop's senior director of merchandising. "Armed with that level of expertise, we work hard to ensure that every guest leaves our stores with the best game for themselves, their friends, their children or the whole family."About GameStop GameStop, the world's largest video game retailer, offers the best selection of new and pre-owned video gaming consoles, accessories and video game titles, in both physical and digital formats. GameStop also offers fans a wide variety of pop vinyl toys, collectibles, board games and more. Through GameStop's unique buy-sell-trade program, gamers can trade in video game consoles, games, and accessories, as well as consumer electronics for cash or in-store credit. The company operates thousands of locations nationwide, and fans can find their local GameStop using the store locator tool. To get the latest news on video gaming and gear, follow GameStop on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. GameStop, EB Games, and Micromania is part of GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME), a global specialty retailer that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple. Contact:Alexis BarsalouGameStop Corp.(817) 424-2117 or AlexisBarsalou@GameStop.com