- First, a new modular coating line will provide real-time Cpk so that coating productivity can be easily monitored, thanks to inter-machine communication (Industry 4.0) between the Select Coat® SL-940 conformal coating system, the new FX-942UV automated optical inspection (ACI) system, and an integrated oven, further enhancing productivity in minimal floor space. In addition, the communication between the SL-940 and the ACI, which has top and bottom inspection as well as a new, integrated coating thickness sensor, will allow the user to adjust the coating program speed depending on a thickness trend variation.
- A second conformal coating line will demonstrate the wide range of flexibility in Nordson ASYMTEK's coating systems, incorporating the new SC-350 Select Spray™ applicator and the new AM 2.0 Series 2-component (2k) coating feeding system in the popular SL-940 coating system. The new SC-350 atomizing air spray applicator improves edge definition significantly for spray coating with less masking or clean-up. The AM 2.0 Series applicator provides in-line fluid mixing with process controls to ensure accurate mix ratios and efficient operation. Next to the SL-940 coater is a new UV-9-LED curing oven to create a highly versatile production line.
- A third conformal coating option, the Conexis conformal coating system, demonstrates affordable efficiency for automated conformal coating processes.
- New levels of speed and accuracy for bulk and two-component (2C or 2K) dispensing thermal paste, potting, and encapsulation materials can be attained with the new Helios™ SD-960 bulk and two-component dispensing system. The Helios system will incorporate existing bulk-dispensing applicators, with process controls that protect the accuracy demanded by electronics manufacturers for efficiency and productivity.
- Nordson ASYMTEK's new 2-in-1 dispensing system and post-dispense inspection kit provides the ultimate in process control for consistently jetting small volumes as low as 1 nanoliter at frequencies up to 1000 Hz. The Spectrum™ II Premier automated fluid dispensing system with built-in automated optical inspection system gives immediate feedback for the dispensing process, so course corrections can be made immediately. This ensures that the dispensing results are accurate before moving to the next step in the assembly process, saving time and money.
- An exciting demonstration features Nordson ASYMTEK's new Vantage™ fluid dispensing system combined with the award-winning IntelliJet® jetting system. This dynamic duo demonstrates remarkable speed and accuracy in an expanded dispense area for applications in high-volume electronics manufacturing. New from the ground up, the Vantage dispensing system is controlled by the completely new dispensing software, Canvas™, with graphical programming and guided wizards.
Photo at: https://adobe.ly/2iwI1nPAbout Nordson ASYMTEK Nordson ASYMTEK, a world leader in precision fluid dispensing, conformal coating, and jetting technologies, designs and manufactures dispensing and coating systems, supported by an award-winning global applications and service network for over 30 years. To find out more, visit www.NordsonASYMTEK.com, or on social media. About Nordson Corporation Nordson Corporation delivers precision technology solutions that help customers succeed worldwide. Precision dispensing of adhesives, coatings, sealants, biomaterials, and other fluids, plastic extrusion and injection molding, electronics testing and inspecting, and surface preparation are supported by applications expertise and direct global support. Nordson serves consumer non-durable, durable and high-technology markets, specializing in packaging, nonwovens, electronics, medical, energy, transportation, construction, and product assembly. Founded in 1954, headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, USA, Nordson has operations and support offices in 30+ countries. Connect with Nordson at www.nordson.com and on social media.