- More face time with physicians and personalized care that is tailored to each person's unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications (watch Humana's "Better Chronic Management Through Value-Based Care" video); and
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient.
"Our Medicare Advantage relationship with Humana represents an opportunity for Boulder Medical Center to continue its journey towards the highest quality of care, affordability and service to Medicare patients of Boulder County and the surrounding area. We anticipate this alignment will provide a tremendous means for us to collaborate to provide the best possible patient care," said Patrick Menzies, Boulder Medical Center Chief Executive Officer."We are excited to team up with Boulder Medical Center (BMC) and bring value-based care to our Medicare Advantage members in Boulder County," said Mark Iorio, Central West Region President for Humana's Senior Products. "Our members will greatly benefit from BMC's integrated multispecialty care model and BMC's physicians will benefit from Humana's reporting tools and analytics. As a result, our members will receive high-quality care that will help them start with healthy." As of June 30, 2017, Humana has 1.8 million individual Medicare Advantage members and 142,000 commercial members who are cared for by 50,700 primary care providers, in more than 900 value-based relationships across 43 states and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit www.humana.com/valuebasedcare. About Boulder Medical Center Boulder Medical Center has been providing high quality medical care for Boulder County and its surrounding areas since 1949. Boulder Medical Center is committed to quality service and expert, professional care through our 80 providers, 300 full/part-time staff, thirteen specialties and services. BMC has four Boulder County locations to serve you. We are pleased to be able to offer the convenience of a multi-specialty practice for our patients with locations in Boulder, Louisville, and Longmont. We welcome new patients and contract with most major insurances. About Humana Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools - such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions - combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information