On Friday afternoon, Musk used more colorful language when he tweeted that the company is "deep in production hell." He added that Tesla would delay the unveiling of Tesla's new semi vehicle as it focuses attention on the Model 3 and supplying batteries to Puerto Rico.
Chris Nolter contributed to this story.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne on Deal Rumors: 'We Aren't Deal Junkies'
- Questions You Must Ask a Car Salesperson to Avoid Getting Ripped Off Big-Time
- Trump's Tax Plan Could Boost Billionaire Warren Buffett's Net Worth $10 Billion
- ADP Isn't Clorox; Dow-Driving Stocks -- Jim Cramer's Top Thoughts
- Procter & Gamble Stock Chart Reveals a Dip Ahead of Tuesday's Big Event
- Why Amazon May Want to Crush Walgreens and CVS By Selling Prescription Drugs