Here are five things you must know for Monday, Oct. 9:
The move would represent the first major shakeup at the U.S. industrial conglomerate since Darius Adamczyk succeeded David Cote as CEO in April, Reuters noted.
The sources told Reuters on Sunday, Oct. 8, that while Honeywell would defy calls by one of its shareholders, activist hedge fund Third Point LLC, to spin off its aerospace division, it would still seek to carve out assets worth several billions of dollars.
Honeywell is hoping to unveil the spinoff plan as early as this week, Reuters reported, citing sources.
3. -- Walmart Stores Inc. (WMT) continues to beef up its e-commerce capabilities, announcing Monday that it would begin offering mobile returns, its latest new e-commerce offering as it fights rival Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) for online shopping dollars.
5. -- Shares of Deutsche Bank AG (DB) fell 1.2% in Frankfurt on Monday amid reports of a rift between CEO John Cryan and Chairman Paul Achleitner over a meeting with the bank's biggest investor and the overall strategy of Germany's biggest bank.
- Here's Walmart's Latest Attempt at Making Life Easier and Getting You Off Amazon
- Costco Unveils Two E-Commerce Delivery Services in Hopes of Fighting Amazon
- This Emerging Stock Market Phenomenon May Get Wall Street Excited: Market Recon
- Why Amazon May Want to Crush Walgreens and CVS By Selling Prescription Drugs
Jim Cramer will host CNBC's Jon Najarian, TD Ameritrade's JJ Kinahan, famed analytics expert Marc Chaikin and other market mavens on Oct. 28 in New York City to share successful strategies for active investors.
You can join them as they discuss how smart investors can make the most of options trading, futures contracts, fundamental and quantitative analysis and great ETFs to buy right now. Participants will also get a chance to meet Jim and other panelists and take photos.
When: Saturday, Oct. 28, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: The Harvard Club of New York, 35 West 44th St., New York, N.Y.
Cost: Special early bird price: $150 per person. (Normal price: $250)
Click here for the full conference agenda or to reserve your seat now.