- Lazard Ltd. was the top financial adviser to distressed companies in the first three quarters, with 36 deals. Houlihan Lokey Inc. was second, with 26 deals. Rothschild & Co was third, with 19 deals.
- Houlihan Lokey Inc. was the top financial adviser to creditors, with 12 deals. Moelis & Co. LLC was second, with 10. PJT Partners Inc. and Rothschild & Co tied for third, with six deals each.
- Among law firms, Kirkland & Ellis LLP was the top counsel to distressed companies, with 17 deals. Latham & Watkins LLP ranked second, with seven deals. Davis Polk & Wardell LLP and Weil, Gottlieb & Manges LLP tied for third with six deals each.
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP ranked first for the top counsel to creditors, with 20 deals. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP ranked second, with 18 deals. Latham & Watkins LLP ranked third, with 13 deals.
- Alvarez & Marsal LLC was the top restructuring adviser to distressed companies, with 18 deals. AlixPartners LLP was ranked second, with 14. FTI Consulting Inc. was third with eight deals.
About The Deal The Deal ( www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st), a leading financial news and information provider. Other business units include TheStreet ( www.thestreet.com), an unbiased source of business news and market analysis for investors; BoardEx ( www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch ( www.rate-watch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.Contact: Jon Kostakopoulos, 212-321-5561, Jon.Kostakopoulos at thestreet.com View original content: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/energy-and-healthcare-companies-to-be-most-active-in-out-of-court-restructurings-300528723.html SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.