Shares of Carnival Corporation (CCL) are surging.
The stock is up 24% since the start of the year, double the gains seen in the broad S&P 500.
The company's latest quarterly results topped expectations, even with the devastation from a host of hurricanes. CEO Arnold Donald said the key to his company's strong results is exceeding guest expectations.
Technology is one tool that enables guests to have a better experience on-board the ship, for example.
Carnival ships rely heavily on technology. The company is launching the first ever digital streaming travel channel, OceanView, with programming available on more than 60 of its ships, along with Amazon (AMZN) Fire, Apple (AAPL) TV and Roku (ROKU) .
What you need to know about Roku's hot IPO.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Amazon Warehouse Employees' Message to Jeff Bezos -- We Are Not Robots
- The Ford $100,000 F-450: 'The Most Luxurious, Advanced Heavy-Duty Pickup Truck'
- September Auto Sales On Pace to Set Record for 2017
- Wall Street Loves Roku Because It Has a Plan to Steamroll Amazon and Google
- Boeing Is Dominating Its Battle With Bombardier: Technical Analysis
- Dunkin' CEO Reveals Secret Weapon to Win Coffee War With McDonald's: Real Coffee
- Kawasaki Ninja H2R: Is it Enough to Excite Die-Hard Enthusiasts?