Cars.com (CARS - Get Report) , the second largest automotive classified site, on Tuesday released the results of its Compact SUV Challenge in which it ranked the top-seven most popular cars within the segment.
The results concluded that Volkswagen's (VLKAY) 2018 Tiguan was the top compact SUV.
"The 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan impressed the judges with its roominess and value," said Jennifer Newman, Cars.com's editor-in-chief. "The cargo capability is top of the class, making this small SUV a huge advantage for shoppers concerned about getting the most room for the money. The Tiguan is also a great option for families, earning the highest possible marks in Cars.com's Car Seat Check."
The competition assessed General Motors' (GM - Get Report) 2018 Chevrolet Equinox, Ford's (F - Get Report) 2017 Escape, Honda Motors' (HMC - Get Report) 2017 CR-V, Fiat Chrysler's (FCAU - Get Report) 2017 Jeep Compass, Mazda's (MZDAF) 2017 CX-5, Nissan's (NSANY) 2017.5 Rogue and 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan.
Following the Tiguan, in order, were the 2017 Honda CR-V, 2017 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Ford Escape, 2018 Chevrolet Equinox, 2017.5 Nissan Rogue, and the 2017 Jeep Compass.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Crazy Weak U.S. Dollar Will Make These 10 Companies Huge Winners
- The Toys 'R' Us Bankruptcy Filing a Reminder That Amazon Is Crushing Everyone
- Apple's iOS 11 Arrives on Tuesday: Here Are 7 of the Best Features
- Why Billionaire Warren Buffett Probably Doesn't Get Tired of Making Money
- GE Is 'One of the Toughest Stocks I've Ever Had to Deal With,' Jim Cramer Says