- New mobile network supports Ukkoverkot customers including industrial IoT market, critical communications customers and private LTE-based network clientele, all seeking to capitalize on opportunies of digitalization
- Solution includes Nokia's 450MHz LTE, deployed for the first time in Finland
- Ukkoverkot has signed Finnish airport operator Finavia as their first micro-operator customer, building private LTE network for Helsinki airport with Nokia technology
- Contract underlines Nokia's increasing momentum around expanding into new vertical markets
This agreement highlights Nokia's growing momentum around the delivery of critical communications networks for customers outside of the traditional communications service provider market. Large industrial and public sector organizations are seeking robust, reliable and highly resilient networks to support services on which - in some cases - lives depend, and Nokia's solutions are ideally suited to addressing this challenge.Harri Karjalainen, CIO of Finnish airport operator Finavia, said: "We are delighted to be among the first using a private LTE network in Finland, supporting our current and future connectivity needs and strategy at the Helsinki airport - the largest in the country. Ukkoverkot and the Nokia solution currently being rolled out is unique; we expect it to provide unprecedented capacity and resilience for our critical airport services." Mikko Uusitalo, CEO of Ukkoverkot, said: "Ukkoverkot is totally focused on serving our customers, for whom connectivity means the world. The agreement with Nokia enables us to roll out the most advanced public protection, IoT and campus network functions as they are available. The agreement with Finavia to develop their airport infrastructure on Nokia technology is clear testimony to the potential we have." Thorsten Robrecht, head of Advanced Mobile Network Solutions at Nokia, said: "With their LTE network based on Nokia's wide portfolio of technologies, Ukkoverkot brings the benefits of broadband data to the reach of new customer segments such as the industrial IoT market and public safety authorities. We are proud to team up with Ukkoverkot in its network modernization to ensure these customers can benefit from first-class network quality, and to prepare them for the services enabled by future 5G networks." About the solution
- Solution includes Nokia's LTE 450, deployed for the first time in Finland
- Nokia's TD-LTE 2600 and Nokia Compact Network solutions
- Nokia FastMile solution combining a specific fixed wireless radio antenna topology solution with interference mitigation techniques, along with an end user home modem that has a high gain, self turning, directional beamforming antenna. These are all installable by using smart phone application for consumers and operator Point of Sale locations to ease and speed the deployment of FastMile to end users and micro-operators anywhere in Finland.
- Nokia FastMile solution provides up to 12X typical coverage area and 3x throughput compared to standard mobile broadband network.
- NetAct Compact virtualized mobile network management system optimized for smaller networks delivers the core capabilities that Nokia NetAct provides for large networks for troubleshooting, assurance, administration, software management and configuration management.