- "I'm thinking that it's going to become the norm. It's one of those situations where you're going to be left behind."
- "We plan to do it in part because Harvard is doing it. When they do things, people tend to fall in line, thinking it's right."
- "Accessibility. The GRE is offered every day of year and prospective students don't have to register so far in advance. And there are more test centers."
- "We have a range of applicants, many of whom are interested in non-traditional careers that would be better served by having them take the GRE."
- "We'd have to do some significant research that the GRE is an effective test for measuring law school performance. Given our size, we probably wouldn't have the number of students who have taken the GRE to do that sort of study here."
- "Many people here don't hold the same opinion about the validity of the GRE. We would also like to know the ABA's disposition. Validity studies cost money and with law schools strapped for cash, that's not easy."
- "The ABA hasn't fully weighed in on it yet and we don't want to have a new enrollment method only to not have it available down the road."
- "We're waiting to see the outcomes of Harvard and Arizona—not only how the students have done while in school, but also bar passage rate."
For a one-minute video on Kaplan's survey results, visit here.To schedule an interview about Kaplan's survey results, please contact Russell Schaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.453.7538. *Based on the results of a Kaplan Test Prep survey conducted by phone in April-May 2017 of 128 law schools, including 18 of the top 30, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. Test names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are endorsed by nor affiliated with Kaplan or this survey. About Kaplan Test Prep Kaplan Test Prep ( www.kaptest.com) is a premier provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. Established in 1938, Kaplan is the world leader in the test prep industry. With a comprehensive menu of online offerings as well as a complete array of print books and digital products, Kaplan offers preparation for more than 100 standardized tests, including entrance exams for secondary school, college and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians and nurses. Kaplan also provides private tutoring and graduate admissions consulting services. Note to editors: Kaplan is a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC)