- Surpassing $25 million of net sales for the first half of calendar 2017, triggering SWK Funding LLC's obligation to pay Opiant an additional $3.75 million
- Mandatory co-prescribing of naloxone to patients receiving opioid prescriptions, who are considered at high risk of opioid overdose, in Virginia and Vermont
- Recommended co-prescribing of naloxone with opioid painkillers by both the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and The Veterans Administration (VA)
- In over 40 states, NARCAN® Nasal Spray can now be purchased from pharmacies without a prescription
- Adapt has maintained the price of NARCAN® Nasal Spray, including a discounted public interest price of $75 per two-dose pack ($37.50 per dose).
Opiant is developing other products for Opioid Use Disorder, including advancing the pre-clinical development of its heroin vaccine candidate, which was licensed in October 2016 from the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Opiant continues to maintain an active presence in national organizations such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), where Dr. Crystal was recently invited to advise on the development of medications for Opioid Use Disorder.About Opiant Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Opiant Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing pharmacological treatments for addictions. NIDA, a division of the NIH, describes these disorders as chronic relapsing brain diseases which burden society at both the individual and community levels. With its innovative opioid antagonist nasal delivery technology, Opiant is positioned to become a leader in these treatment markets. Its first product, NARCAN® Nasal Spray, is approved for marketing in the U.S. and Canada by the company's partner, Adapt Pharma Operations Limited. For more information please visit: www.opiant.com. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or our future financial performance and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our or our industry's actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements expressed, implied or inferred by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "could," "would," "expects," "plans," "intends," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "projects," "potential," or "continue" or the negative of such terms and other comparable terminology. These statements are only predictions based on our current expectations and projections about future events. You should not place undue reliance on these statements. Actual events or results may differ materially. In evaluating these statements, you should specifically consider various factors. These and other factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any forward-looking statement. We undertake no obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this press release to conform those statements to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as required by applicable law.
CONTACT INFORMATION:Corporate Contact: Investor.firstname.lastname@example.org Investors:Sam MartinArgot Partners email@example.com 212-600-1902