- While many subsea cables can take days to activate capacity, the Seaborn team was able to configure the XTS-3300 and light the fiber in an impressive 30 minutes. Infinera's unique large-scale photonic integration technology delivers terabit super-channels and, along with the Advanced Coherent Toolkit (ACT), enables rapid activation of subsea links.
- With Infinera Instant Bandwidth, the industry's first software defined capacity (SDC) solution, Seaborn can deploy bandwidth in 100 gigabits per second increments within minutes and a few clicks of a mouse, while the XTS-3300 platform enables scalability up to 11.8 terabits per second on a fiber.
- The XTS-3300 seamlessly integrates with Seaborn's existing Infinera terrestrial backhaul networks in Brazil and New York, which include Infinera's XTC and XTM Series.
- The XTS-3300 provides Seaborn with a subsea platform that integrates the groundbreaking performance of the Infinera Infinite Capacity Engine 4 (ICE4), which features unique performance-enhancing technologies such as Nyquist subcarriers and SD-FEC gain sharing. The deployment of the XTS-3300 on Seabras-1 significantly exceeded Seaborn's capacity-reach performance targets, helping increase the return on Seaborn's deployed subsea cable asset.
- The XTS-3300 is a highly efficient rack-and-stack solution with the lowest power consumption in a commercially deployed platform.
"We are honored to partner with Seaborn to light the Seabras-1 cable," said Tom Fallon, Infinera Chief Executive Officer. "Infinera continues to push the physics of the optical transport world for the benefit of our customers and the networks they run. The XTS-3300 is purpose-built for subsea applications, delivering industry leading subsea performance while integrating seamlessly into Seaborn's existing terrestrial and subsea network."The ICE4-based XT-3300 and XTS-3300 are now shipping. Earlier this year Infinera began shipping the ICE-4 based Cloud Xpress 2, the second generation of Infinera's market-leading metro data center interconnect platforms. About Seaborn Networks Seaborn Networks is a leading developer-owner-operator of independent submarine fiber optic cable systems, including Seabras-1 between New York and São Paulo and ARBR between São Paulo and Buenos Aires (projected ready-for-service Q4 2018). www.seabornnetworks.com About InfineraInfinera (NASDAQ:INFN) provides Intelligent Transport Networks, enabling carriers, cloud operators, governments and enterprises to scale network bandwidth, accelerate service innovation and automate optical network operations. Infinera's end-to-end packet-optical portfolio is designed for long-haul, subsea, data center interconnect and metro applications. Infinera's unique large scale photonic integrated circuits enable innovative optical networking solutions for the most demanding networks. To learn more about Infinera visit www.infinera.com, follow us on Twitter @Infinera and read our latest blog posts at www.infinera.com/blog. Infinera and the Infinera logo are registered trademarks of Infinera Corporation. This press release contains forward-looking statements including, but not limited to the technical, operational and economic benefits relating to the deployment of the XTS-3300 in subsea networks. These statements are not guarantees of results and should not be considered as an indication of future activity or future performance. Actual results may vary materially from these expectations as a result of various risks and uncertainties. Information about these risks and uncertainties, and other risks and uncertainties that affect Infinera's business, is contained in the risk factors section and other sections of Infinera's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 1, 2017 as filed with the SEC on August 8, 2017, as well subsequent reports filed with or furnished to the SEC. These reports are available on Infinera's website at www.infinera.com and the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Infinera assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements.
Contacts:Infinera Media: Anna VueTel. +1 (916) email@example.com Seaborn Media:Kate WilsonT: +1 (978) firstname.lastname@example.orgInfinera Investors:Jeff HustisTel: + 1 (408) email@example.com