Cybersecurity company Symantec (SYMC) , which recently completed two multi-billion dollar deals for LifeLock and Blue Coat Systems, might not be finished shopping.
"There are things that could absolutely change everything in the industry if they made sense and was good for our equity," CEO Greg Clark told Bloomberg on Tuesday. "At some point in the future something like that could be helpful."
Clark likened a future significant acquisition to Oracle's (ORCL) purchase of PeopleSoft in 2005, which powered the cloud computing giant into the applications software space while lowering its reliance on database software sales.
"This kind of stuff is definitely going to be available to us," Clark said.
One potential target Clark said he had his eye on was Splunk (SPLK) , a software company analyzing machine-generated big data, but would not specify whether it would be the right fit for Symantec.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Dow Tanks, Fear Gauge Spikes as United Tech Slumps, North Korea Rattles Nerves
- McDonald's Was Financially Hurt by Hurricane Harvey - Here's One Damage Estimate
- How Tesla Will Profit After Elon Musk Predicts WWIII: Chart
- HPE's Meg Whitman Will Have to Answer Some Tough Questions on Tuesday
- Why Apple Essentially Now Owns the Entire High-End Smartwatch Market