Under this Responsible Contractor Policy, Blackstone's infrastructure business expresses its strong preference for the selection of contractors in its projects that, among other things, meet the following criteria:
- Operate in compliance with local, state, and national laws related to labor, insurance, withholding taxes, anti-discrimination, environment, occupational health and safety, and the right of workers to join unions;
- Provide employer-paid training, which may include apprenticeship programs and apprenticeship readiness programs;
- Maintain and consistently implement a workplace health and safety program, consistent with applicable laws and industry best practices;
- Have a commitment to ethical conduct and transparent reporting of incidents; and
- Have the requisite skill, experience, and dependability (with respect to time and budget) that are appropriate for the relevant project.