Gold is hot again.
Randgold shares are up 33% since the start of the year.
Cramer said gold is the true reserve currency in situations like this where global uncertainty is heating up. Gold closed above $1,300 an ounce on Monday for the first time of the year.
Monday's North Korea missile firing sparked a bizarre safe-haven pile on in currencies, too.
"People want to own the yen but it's obvious that we have to worry about what happens if North Korea tests a missile and it doesn't go over Japan and it stops in Japan -- so I question the yen's reserve currency status here," Cramer noted.
Watch all of Jim Cramer's latest videos, right here:
- Property Casualty Stocks Can Raise Rates, Jim Cramer Says
- Jim Cramer on What Amazon-Whole Foods Means for Hain Celestial
- Jim Cramer on The Finish Line: Nike Does Not Have a Refresh
- Jim Cramer Breaks Down Why Best Buy Shares Are Falling
- Warren Buffett Thinks Apple Is a Consumer Products Story, Jim Cramer Says