Tesla Inc. (TSLA) had a good showing at the Palm Beach International Speedway after its Model X and Model S P100D models with Ludicrous beat a Lamborghini Aventador in a quarter mile drag race.
The Model X set a record time for a sport utility vehicle. Instant torque allows electric vehicles to accelerate quickly out of the gate, but Tesla's Ludicrous high-performance mode allows the vehicle to go from zero to 60 in under three seconds.
The Tesla vehicles tested top out at $165,000 while the Aventador is priced at $530,000.
Tesla shares traded up 3.35% to $352.77 Wednesday.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- The Federal Reserve Will Have an Insane $10 Trillion in Assets, Top Expert Warns
- We Might Have Unlocked the Secret Behind Amazon's Big Deal for Whole Foods
- Blue Apron Hiring Freeze Comes After Meal Kit Company Takes Blows From Indexes
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 to Be Unveiled Wednesday - Here's What You Need to Know
- Walmart Should Merge With Microsoft to Blow Away Amazon: REWIND
- Berkshire Hathaway Stock Reaches All-Time High on S&P's Vote of Confidence