As fans of Apple (AAPL - Get Report) everywhere await the debut of the tech titan's tenth anniversary iPhone model, the iPhone 8, one feature the next iteration of the smartphone will include is a 3-D face scanner with the ability to unlock a phone in a few hundred milliseconds, Bloomberg reports.
The iPhone 8, expected to be announced in September, will include new features such as two rear cameras placed atop one another to enhance the phone's augmented reality capabilities.
But the phone's "crown jewel," according to Bloomberg is its 3-D facial sensor, giving users the ability to not only unlock their devices but validate payments as well.
- How You Can Make Easy Money on Apple's iPhone 8 Juggernaut
- Why Google's Android Oreo Doesn't Push the Envelope as Much as Apple's iOS 11
Does artificial intelligence creep you out?
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Tesla's Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Think Artificial Intelligence Will Send You the Pink Slip
- 5 Ways Companies Are Using AI to Secretly Change Your Life
- Panera Bread: Now a Private Company That Is Labeling Its Cups With Sugar Counts
- A Mortgage Lending CEO Reveals Why Millennials Are Buying Homes Later in Life
- Is Amazon Building an Army to Take on Best Buy's Geek Squad?