Comcast Corp-owned (CMCSA) NBC News launched its "Stay Tuned" news program on Snap Inc (SNAP) Snapchat Discover just one month ago, and the program has already amassed 29 million unique viewers, Axios reported.
More than 60% of the viewers are under 25 years old and more than 40% of those who have watched once watch at least three days each week.
The show snagged 1 million subscribers in just two and a half weeks after launching to become one of the fastest growing Snapchat Discover shows ever. Time Warner-owned (TWX) CNN's Snapchat program hosts a global monthly audience of 12 million.
The "Stay Tuned" news program consists of two shows daily, released at 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and lasting between two and three minutes.
Comcast stock traded up 0.5% and Snap shares were up almost 4% Friday morning.
Want to know who the largest Snap shareholders are?
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Amazon Is Absolutely 'Doing Great Damage.' Duh, Mr. President, That's Business
- Infosys CEO Sikka Resigns Suddenly, Cites 'Drumbeat of Distractions'
- Tesla's Many Would-Be Rivals Are Chasing a Speeding Target
- Cocoa Prices Are Plunging. Here's What It Means to Hershey
- These 10 Office Catch-Phrases Will Drive Your Coworkers Absolutely Insane