- Lazard Ltd. was the top financial adviser to distressed companies in the first half, with 34 deals. Houlihan Lokey Inc. was second, with 24 deals. Rothschild & Co was third, with 19 deals. Evercore Partners Inc. and Moelis & Co. tied for fourth with nine deals each.
- Houlihan Lokey Inc. was the top financial adviser to creditors, with 12 deals. Moelis & Co. LLC was second, with eight. PJT Partners Inc. ranked third, with six deals. Rothschild & Co came in fourth, with five deals. Lazard Ltd. ranked fifth, with four deals.
- Among law firms, Kirkland & Ellis LLP was the top counsel to distressed companies, with 14 deals. Latham & Watkins LLP ranked second, with seven deals. Davis Polk & Wardell LLP ranked third with six deals. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP and Weil, Gottlieb & Manges LLP tied for fourth with five deals each. Sullivan & Cromwell LLP and Vinson & Elkins LLP tied for fifth with four deals each.
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP ranked first for the top counsel to creditors, with 21 deals. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP ranked second, with 19 deals. Latham & Watkins LLP ranked third, with 13 deals. Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP ranked fourth, with six deals. Proskauer Rose LLP and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP tied for fifth, with five deals each.
- Alvarez & Marsal LLC was the top restructuring adviser to distressed companies, with 15 deals. AlixPartners LLP was ranked second, with 13. FTI Consulting Inc. was third with seven deals. EisnerAmper LLP was fourth, with five deals. Conway MacKenzie Inc. and Zolfo Cooper LLC tied for fifth with three deals each.
About The Deal The Deal ( www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st), a leading financial news and information provider. Other business units include TheStreet ( www.thestreet.com), an unbiased source of business news and market analysis for investors; BoardEx ( www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch ( www.rate-watch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.Contact: Jon Kostakopoulos, 212-321-5561, Jon.Kostakopoulos at thestreet.com View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/uncertainty-returns-to-healthcare-industry-out-of-court-restructurings-with-senate-rejecting-aca-repeal-300504425.html SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.