- Initiator mode: Drivers and firmware for hosts containing initiator mode QLogic 2700 Series Gen 6 or 2690 Series Enhanced Gen 5 HBAs
- Target mode: Drivers for storage servers or array controllers containing target mode QLogic 2700 Series Gen 6 or 2690 Series Enhanced Gen 5 HBAs
- Target mode (SPDK): Drivers (based on user mode SPDK technology) for storage servers or array controllers containing target mode QLogic 2700 Series Gen 6 or 2690 Series Enhanced Gen 5 HBAs
Key benefits of adopting Cavium Fibre Channel HBAs for Flash environments include:
- Technology leadership: Cavium chairs the T11 committee working group that developed the FC-NVMe standards, and contributed significant resources to work with ecosystem partners to develop this technology.
- Innovation - Cavium is driving innovation in software defined storage platforms with target mode drivers for the Storage Performance Developer Kit (SPDK) project, which provides high-performance, user-space device drivers enabling the next generation of storage platforms.
- Performance: Cavium's QLogic Fibre Channel adapters have shown[i] to deliver exceptional performance of up to 2.6 million IOPS, and low latency, enabling the most demanding enterprise workloads.
- Standards compliance: Cavium QLogic solutions meet IT standards for interoperability and support. This ensures that customers can deploy Fibre Channel storage of their choice without worries about vendor lock-in or limited choice.
- Investment protection: With Cavium technology, FC-NVMe workloads can be seamlessly introduced into existing FCP-SCSI fabrics. With QLogic 2700 and 2690 Series FC HBAs, FCP-SCSI and FC-NVMe protocol traffic can run concurrently without requiring any rip and replace of existing infrastructure.
- Advanced SAN fabric management: Cavium QLogic StorFusion™ technology delivers a full suite of diagnostics, rapid provisioning and Quality of Service (QoS) throughout the fabric which automate and simplify SAN deployment and orchestration.