- In Indianapolis, Regions associates will volunteer with Teachers' Treasures, a nonprofit founded by a retired principal with the goal of helping at-risk students and their teachers by providing them with essential school supplies.
- Also in Indianapolis, Regions associates are filling wish lists to support the School Program at Riley Children's Hospital. The School Program supports patients' educational needs during long-term treatment.
- At Regions branches throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Fort Myers and other communities in western Florida, associates will collect new shoes and socks that will be distributed to children attending Title I schools.
- In Birmingham, Regions associates will volunteer with the Community Food Bank of Central Alabama to fill backpacks with food and provide other nutritional needs for area students and families.
- In Austin and Round Rock, Texas, Regions is working with local police departments to fill backpacks with donated school supplies.
- In Mississippi, in addition to collecting school supplies in the cities of Sumner and Pearl, Regions is extending Share the Good to support health and financial needs, too. The bank is working with the University of Mississippi Medical Center and Mississippi Blood Services to offer health checkups in Jackson, along with financial wellness checkups.
"Throughout the year, Regions associates give of their time and talents to support a variety of service programs throughout our communities. Share the Good gives us a unique way to reach even more people by working with local nonprofits and developing new initiatives that make a meaningful difference in the lives of others," said Rick Swagler, head of External Affairs for Regions Bank. "Thousands of people are impacted by this program each year. And by working hand-in-hand with more nonprofits, we are consistently able to find new and creative ways we can support our communities."Volunteerism is part of the culture at Regions Bank and is encouraged among associates year-round. As an additional example, each year, Regions provides each of its associates a paid day off to volunteer in his or her community. Examples of Regions' commitment to social responsibility are on regions.doingmoretoday.com and are also detailed in the company's annual Social Responsibility Report, which is available in the Community Engagement Section of Regions.com. About Regions Financial Corporation Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF), with $125 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation's largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, mortgage, and insurance products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,500 banking offices and 1,900 ATMs. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.