Developed in partnership with Drs. Gerhard and Regina Gries at Simon Fraser University, this husband-and-wife team has made and continues to make extraordinary contributions to the industry's knowledge and understanding of insect behavior and insect chemical ecology. These world experts began their bed bug research eight years ago when Gerhard, who is internationally renowned for his pioneering work in chemical and bioacoustic communication between insects, began searching for pheromones that could lure and trap bed bugs.Bed bugs can infest any location — they're in clean homes and five-star hotels. Ortho found that bed bugs have become so prevalent that 1-in-3 Americans (33 percent) 1 know several people who have had bed bugs; half of Americans (50 percent) 1 know at least one person who has had bed bugs; and the majority of Americans (58 percent) 1 have actually checked their current home for bed bugs. Ortho Home Defense Provides a Straightforward and Comprehensive Product Line to Fight Bed Bugs:
- At the first sign of bed bugs, spot treat visible ones on smaller areas, such as bed frames and mattresses, with Ortho ® Home Defense ® Dual-Action Bed Bug Killer, a fast-acting aerosol that kills bed bugs and their eggs.
- Then, kill hidden bed bugs on larger areas such as carpet, baseboards, closets and furniture with Ortho ® Home Defense ® Bed Bug, Flea & Tick Killer, a Ready-To-Use formula featuring a continuous-spray comfort wand applicator.
- Also, kill hidden bed bugs in cracks, crevices and electrical outlets with Ortho ® Home Defense ® Bed Bug, Flea & Tick Killer Powder.
- For ongoing monitoring and whenever bed bugs are suspected, detect, lure and trap them around the bed with Ortho ® Home Defense ® Bed Bug Trap.
- Survey Methodology: The Ortho ® Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research ( www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults 18+, between June 28 and July 5, 2017 using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population 18 and older.
Media Contact:Kim MarkusThe Scotts Miracle-Gro Company937-644-7290Kim.Markus@scotts.com