Healthcare stocks were mixed in late-afternoon trading Tuesday following the Senate's vote to proceed with discussions to repeal and replace Obamacare.
Vice President Mike Pence, in his role as President of the Senate, cast a tie-breaking vote to add to edit and delete from the healthcare bill as it stands. The close-call vote brought Senator John McCain back to the Capitol to vote days after he was diagnosed with brain cancer.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind