Twitter Inc. (TWTR) received a sternly worded letter from two Republican members of Congress criticizing the social media network for temporarily blocking tweets containing a link to blog post by AT&T Inc. (T) criticizing current net neutrality rules.
AT&T published its blog post the same day, but when users attempted to share the link it was blocked. Twitter said that the incident was a mistake.
"We share the goal of preserving an open internet where blocking, censorship, and throttling of legal content is prohibited," Senators Ron Johnson and Roy Blunt wrote in their letter. "We are deeply troubled that, if true, one of the internet's biggest platforms blocked AT&T when it voiced support for a legislative solution to preserve a free and open internet, preferring that to continued regulatory uncertainty at the Federal Communications Commission."
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind