Anthony said YouTube is "becoming entrenched in similar ways that Facebook (FB - Get Report) is part of our vernacular and daily usage." He said estimates he follows show people using YouTube six minutes a day with monthly active users growing rapidly.
Anthony spoke following Alphabet's Monday second quarter earnings, which showed revenue growth bolstered largely by YouTube ads and mobile search ads.
Alphabet stock traded down over 2% midday as revenue growth concerns weighed on a second quarter earnings beat.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind