Shares of casino operators were climbing higher during mid-morning trading on Monday after the gaming-focused investment bank Union Gaming Group LLC published a bullish note on the outlook for Macau.
Macau is an autonomous region in China and the world's top casino market. Union Gaming Group's positive outlook on the region has propelled the shares of Wynn Resorts ( WYNN) Las Vegas Sands ( LVS) and MGM Resorts International ( MGM) .
Shares of Wynn were spiking over 3%, while shares of both MGM and LVS were higher by nearly 1% during mid-morning trading on Monday.
"We believe shares will continue to respond to strong levels of gross gaming revenue growth in the market despite all of the recent noise surrounding capital controls, which have not had a measurable impact on Macau," Union Gaming Group analyst Grant Govertsen said.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate
- O.J. Simpson Wasn't the First or the Last Athlete to Kiss a Major Endorsement Goodbye