Apple Inc (AAPL) issued a critical security patch for all iOS devices to protect against a potential hack that attacks devices remotely via WiFi, Fox Business reported.
The tech company has urged users to install the operating system update to avoid a "potentially serious" cyber attack that could wipe out iPhones. Alphabet's (GOOGL) Android devices are also threatened by the hack, but Google issued its own update earlier this month.
Both Apple and Alphabet stock traded slightly up on Monday morning.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Walmart in Focus Amid 'Horrific' Human Trafficking Incident in Texas That Causes Nine Deaths
- Scaramucci Has Been Waiting For A White House Gig For A While
- Chipotle Is Doomed Unless It Takes This One Dramatic Measure
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Billionaire Mark Cuban: The Rise of Technology Will Cause a Lot of Unemployment
- Game of Numbers: Do You Have Any Idea How Big Game of Thrones Has Become?