Chipotle reopened the location yesterday after closing it for a two-day "thorough sanitization," but the bad news continued today. Website iwaspoisoned.com showed 133 people reported being sick after eating at the Chipotle location. The original report was only 13 people.
Iwaspoisoned.com's founder Patrick Quade said dozens of customers came forward to report that the Chipotle made them sick after news of the suspected norovirus outbreak went public. Symptoms of norovirus include vomiting, diarrhea, severe stomach pain, dehydration and nausea.
The local health department is investigating the cause of the illness.
Chipotle stock traded down 1% mid-morning Thursday.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell