The three resulting units will be individual solutions, workplace solutions, and investment management. The individual solutions unit will comprise the annuities and individual life insurance businesses. Workplace solutions will include the retirement and group insurance units.
The changes are effective starting from the fourth quarter of 2017.
Shares of Prudential Financial were higher during Thursday morning trading.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell