Ackman's Pershing Square is the largest holder of Chipotle shares, and his debut on Twitter (TWTR - Get Report) comes just a day after the company's stock fell as much as 7.5% after reports surfaced of a store closure where multiple customers fell ill.
Pershing Square lost about $74 million at midday Tuesday. Chipotle shares are slightly higher in afternoon trading.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier