The Supreme Court on Wednesday handed down a 6-3 decision blocking President Donald Trump's attempt to bar people from the U.S. who already have family members in the country.
The justices' ruling directs the government to allow the grandparents, cousins and other relatives entry to the U.S.
Last month, the top court allowed certain parts of Trump's travel ban to go into effect. The Supreme Court will hear arguments on the travel ban in October.
Stocks in the sectors potentially affected by the travel ban include hotels, airlines and cruise lines. Related companies such as Marriott International (MAR) , American Airlines (AAL) and Royal Caribbean (RCL) were trading mostly flat after the court's ruling.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell