Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG - Get Report) will reopen the store it voluntarily closed in Sterling, VA earlier this week following multiple reports of customer illnesses which are expected to have been caused by norovirus.
"It is unfortunate that anyone became ill after visiting our restaurant, and when we learned of this issue, we took aggressive action to correct the problem and protect our customers," Chipotle Chief Executive Officer Steve Ells said in a statement. "While the restaurant was closed, multiple teams performed complete sanitization of all surfaces."
Chipotle shares were down 0.9% to $371.71 in late morning trading Wednesday.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier