On Tuesday, July 18, Chipotle closed a restaurant in Sterling, VA., after eight reports were made to iwaspoisoned.com indicating that at least 13 customers fell sick after eating there from July 14 through July 15 - just days after the burrito chain introduced queso sauce to its menu. Business Insider first reported the latest scare.
Judging by how diners reacted to Chipotle's E.Coli issue back in 2015, the better burrito joint may be in for tough times ahead.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Sears Continues on Path to Close All Its Stores -- Here Are 50 Reasons the Company Is Dying
- Alpha Rising: Carly Fiorina on Leadership, Micro Financing and Her Only Regret
- Walmart Needs to Buy Costco So That Amazon Doesn't Run It Over: Ex-Amazon Exec
- Millennials Are Making This Huge Mistake When Buying a Home, Say HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- Honda Finally Makes a Cool-Looking Accord Sedan Because Everyone in America Is Buying SUVs
- 10 Terrible Trading Mistakes That Rookie Investors Keep Making