TheStreet's founder Jim Cramer, who also manages the Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust portfolio, already previewed the bank stocks set to report earnings. But entering a busy earnings season, he's got his eye on others, too.
United Continental (UAL) has moved up "tremendously" even despite its passenger-dragging incident, Cramer noted. Because of that, the stock seems ahead of itself a bit. Instead, investors should consider buying shares of Southwest Airlines (LUV) . The stock has pulled back some and is a Cramer fave among the Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust portfolio.
Southwest seems like the better buy right now, he reasoned. United Continental is scheduled to report earnings on Wednesday before the open. Analysts expect UAL to earn $2.61 per share on $9.95 billion for the most recent quarter.
Then there's a different United -- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) . "UnitedHealth is a buy," he said, explaining that it is one of the most profitable companies in its respective industry. Cramer said he thinks the stock will go to $200.
UnitedHealth is set to report earnings on Tuesday before the open. Analysts expect UNH to earn $2.38 per share on $50.06 in revenue for the most recent quarter.
As far as price targets go, Cramer said he thinks Lockheed Martin (LMT) will go to $300 per share. The company has a lot of good businesses and its F-35 program seems to running more smoothly.
President Trump no longer wants to play defense for the rest of the world, which means a number of different countries have had to start boosting their militaries, Cramer said. That's good for defense companies. Lockheed's international business is doing really well as a result, Cramer added.
Lockheed is scheduled to report earnings on Tuesday before the open. Analysts expect the company to earn $3.10 per share on $12.42 billion in revenue.
Southwest's shares rose 0.4% to $62.15 by Monday's close. United's fell 0.1% to $79.78.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Basically Just Said His Car Company Is Worth Too Much
- I Just Tried Burger King's New 570 Calorie Chicken Parmesan Sandwich -- Here's How I Felt After
- Amazon Files Trademark to Get Into Meal Kits, Continuing to Haunt Blue Apron
- Millennials Are Making This Huge Mistake When Buying a Home, Say HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- Walmart Is Going to Kick Amazon's Teeth In, so Don't Be Surprised When It Happens
- Alpha Rising: Carly Fiorina on Leadership, Micro Financing and Her Only Regret