The 10th anniversary iPhone model was expected to be released in Sept., but the phone's two main original design manufacturers, Foxconn Electronics (FXCOF) and Pegatron (PGTRF) , haven't yet reached levels that suggest any kind of mass production.
The OLED display iPhone 8 will reportedly be released with iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus models. Foxconn will deliver about 95% of orders for the OLED display model. Pegatron will produce about 65% of the 7S phones and a third producer, Wistron, will make most of the 7S Plus models.
Amid worry that the iPhone 8 may be delayed, TheStreet's founder and Action Alerts PLUS Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer thinks Apple is a stock to own and not trade.
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's new series #AlphaRising:
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- Carly Fiorina: We Have a Shortage of Leaders
- Alpha Rising: Meet The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers
- Alpha Rising: Victoria Schein, Ford Engineer, Making History One Patent at a Time
- EY's Kerrie MacPherson Discusses the Importance of Diversity
- Meet Ford's 23-Year-Old Prodigy Who Holds 15 Patents
- EY: No Company Can Afford to Disenfranchise Half the Workforce
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women