At the National Governors Association Summer Meeting in Rhode Island on Saturday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk pointed out that shares of Tesla are trading "higher than we have any right to deserve."
Tesla shares fell 3.2% to $317.21 early Monday afternoon.
What's Hot On TheStreet
Procter & Gamble under siege: Peltz's Trian Fund Management plans to launch a fight for a board seat at Procter & Gamble (PG - Get Report) , making it the largest company to face a proxy battle, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Trian, which owns about $3.3 billion of P&G stock, is said to be seeking a single board seat for Peltz at the company's annual meeting that could take place in October. P&G have reportedly been in talks for five months, but the company is said to have rejected to name Peltz as a director last week.
Sales at P&G -- and its stock price -- have stalled due to pricing pressure and competition.
As TheStreet's Ron Orol reported in June, look for the consumer packaged goods company to announce plans for spin-offs, sales or even a swap out of business units. If major M&A doesn't come soon, a Trian director-battle or white paper chock full of activist demands could be next.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Basically Just Said His Car Company Is Worth Too Much
- I Just Tried Burger King's New 570 Calorie Chicken Parmesan Sandwich -- Here's How I Felt After
- Amazon Files Trademark to Get Into Meal Kits, Continuing to Haunt Blue Apron
- Millennials Are Making This Huge Mistake When Buying a Home, Say HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- Walmart Is Going to Kick Amazon's Teeth In, so Don't Be Surprised When It Happens
- Alpha Rising: Carly Fiorina on Leadership, Micro Financing and Her Only Regret