Listen up, millennials.
Jonathan Scott and Drew Scott, co-stars of HGTV's "Property Brothers," have some advice for you.
"Never be desperate to get into home ownership," said Jonathan Scott. "Because that's a great way to guarantee you'll fail."
Many millennials are burdened with student loan and credit card debt making it tough to save for a down payment on a home.
"You really need to be diligent that your credit is in line and that you're organized when you get into home ownership," he said.
"It means there are a lot of millennials looking to get into home ownership," he said.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle Is Now Off the Radar for 18 Months, Jim Cramer Says
- Starbucks Has a Disturbing Problem That Even Its Fans Must Admit Has to Be Fixed -- and Soon!
- There Is One Theory About Snapchat That Has Investors Very Concerned
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Could Horse Meat Be on the Menu in the U.S. Soon?