Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary is more fond of Tesla's (TSLA) product than its stock.
"At some point it has to fall to gravity," he said. "It's been trading on a different planet for years and now it has to trade on Earth."
Tesla shares are up 54% since the start of the year, but are near bear market territory, down 14% from its peak for the year on June 23. The company's stock fell 0.4% to $328.14 per share on Thursday morning.
But O'Leary is a fan of CEO Elon Musk is a modern day Michaelangelo.
"He is a genius - I can't say enough good things about what he does for all sectors that he gets involved in," O'Leary said. "I'm an investor and at the end of the day, I look at each opportunity to put money in harms way - one stock at a time and that's not a stock I own," he said.
O'Leary is also the Chairman of O'Shares ETF Investments.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run By Women
- Walmart's Haunting Empty Shelf Problem Returns to Wreak Havoc on Sales
- Will Snap Shares Turn Things Around Like Facebook, or Fade Like Twitter?
- These Are the Most Lucrative Side Hustle Gigs in the World You Wish You Had
- LeBron James Owns 10% of the Fastest-Growing Restaurant Chain in the U.S.
- Top 5 Dividend Paying Companies in the Challenged Consumer Goods Sector
Visit here for the latest business headlines.