- Freeborn Wind Energy, a 200 MW project located in Freeborn County, Minnesota, and Worth and Mitchell Counties, Iowa.
- Foxtail Wind, a 150 MW project located in Dickey County, North Dakota.
- Blazing Star 1, a 200 MW project located in Lincoln County, Minnesota.
- Blazing Star 2, a 200 MW project located in Lincoln County, Minnesota.
- Crowned Ridge Wind Project, a 600 MW project located in Codington County, South Dakota.
- Lake Benton Wind Project, a 100 MW project in Pipestone County, Minnesota.
- Clean Energy 1, a 100 MW project in Morton and Mercer counties, North Dakota.
Benefits to landowners and local governmentsIn addition to the cost savings the projects will deliver, local landowners and governments will receive millions in lease payments and property taxes over the life of the projects. Xcel Energy estimates lease payments will exceed $7 million annually, with property tax contributions exceeding $8 million. Up to 1,500 construction jobs are expected to be created through the projects.About Xcel EnergyXcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) provides the energy that powers millions of homes and businesses across eight Western and Midwestern states. Headquartered in Minneapolis, the company is an industry leader in responsibly reducing carbon emissions and producing and delivering clean energy solutions from a variety of renewable sources at competitive prices. For more information, visit xcelenergy.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.