- PBT434 prevents the formation of toxic alpha synuclein fibrils.
- PBT434 prevents the formation of insoluble alpha synuclein in animals.
- PBT434 prevents alpha synuclein mediated oxidative stress that induces cell death.
- PBT434 protects against cell death and preserves neuronal circuitry in both transgenic and toxin mouse models of Parkinson's disease.
- PBT434 improves motor behaviour in Parkinson's disease mouse models.
- PBT434 normalises brain iron distribution.
The required animal testing has been completed and PBT434 is expected to begin human testing in a Phase 1 trial later this year.