- Prudential launched a cross-business project team to create measurable business value by developing and delivering new solutions for underserved consumer markets.
- Prudential created a seamless integrated experience to service claims across all its U.S. businesses, providing new capabilities to better serve beneficiaries during their time of need.
- Prudential increased renewable energy investments by almost 19 percent to $3.8 billion; managed 27.2 million square feet of LEED-certified U.S. real estate totaling $13.7 billion; and had $380 million of green bond investments as of Dec. 31, 2016.
- Prudential's emerging managers program placed about $1.6 billion in assets with women- and minority-owned firms as of Dec. 31, 2016.
- Prudential made $237 million in impact investments in 2016 and is halfway toward its goal of a $1 billion impact investment portfolio by 2020.
- Prudential announced a new program to provide $5,000 to each new employee hired through campus recruiting to help offset student-loan debt.
- Prudential held its first Global Women's Forum in 2016, which led to the creation of the Global Women's Initiative—a multipronged effort to strengthen gender diversity within the company.
- In 2016, Prudential generated earnings per share of $9.13 on an adjusted operating income basis, contributing to EPS growth of 9 percent annually over the past five years.
- Prudential's domestic insurance company subsidiaries have financial strength ratings of "A" and above as determined by the major independent ratings agencies, as of May 3, 2017.
Visit prudential.com/sustainability to view Prudential Financial's 2016 Sustainability Report.About Prudential Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a financial services leader with more than $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31, 2017, has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Prudential's diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. In the U.S., Prudential's iconic Rock symbol has stood for strength, stability, expertise and innovation for more than a century. For more information, please visit news.prudential.com. 0307036-00001-00