- Three of five moms/grandmothers (59%) are "very concerned" and another 19% are somewhat concerned about "air pollution and climate change" in terms of "the world your children or grandchildren will inherit". (This reflects 78% overall concern.) Well over half (59%) of conservative moms and grandmothers are concerned, as are 96% of liberals and 84% of independents. While concerns among white respondents was at 75%, it jumped to 84% of Hispanics/Latinas and 85% for African Americans.
- About three out of four moms/grandmothers (74%) agree with the statement "we are not doing enough as a nation to protect clean air and clean water for your children and grandchildren in the coming years and decades". This was true of 58% of conservatives, 93% of liberals and 79% of independents. Agreement among white respondents was at 71% and rose to 87% of Hispanics/Latinas and 84% for African Americans.
- A bit more than a third of respondents (34%) said they have children or grandchildren with a respiratory illness such as asthma.
- Nearly two thirds of moms/grandmothers (64%) strongly agree and another 15% agree somewhat that "it's time to stop playing politics and get the job done when it comes to climate change, clean air and clean water. The future of our children and grandchildren depends on the actions we take today." Conservatives were at 61% in their agreement, liberals at 98% and independents at 84%. Agreement among white respondents was at 75%, and was 91% for Hispanics/Latinas and 85% for African Americans.
- Nearly three out of five moms/grandmothers (58%) say politicians do very poorly or somewhat poorly "when it comes to reflecting your concerns about the air pollution that can harm the health of your children". Conversely, more than half of conservatives (55%) say politicians do well, compared to only 22% of liberals and 34% of independents who share that view. White respondents said politicians do very or somewhat poorly at 56%, compared to 54% of Hispanics/Latinas and 62% of African Americans.
- The political spectrum of respondents was as follows: liberal (27%); conservative (38%); and independent (35%).
- Among respondents, 75% were white, 13% African-American, 7% Latina/Hispanic, and 5% other.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/poll--more-than-3-out-of-4-us-moms-and-grandmothers-concerned-about-climate-and-air-pollution-harming-children-300481959.htmlSOURCE Moms Clean Air Force, Washington, D.C.