- Nearly half (47%) of those surveyed say the economic outlook will create growth opportunities over the next year.
- Firms are prioritizing new client acquisition and better operating margins in the hunt for growth.
- Half of respondents (50%) say new client acquisition is one of their top three growth objectives for the next 12 months.
- 47% have grown assets under management by 5% or more in the last 12 months;
- More than a third (37%) have implemented artificial intelligence or machine learning in their business versus just 6% of the rest of the sector;
- More than four in 10 (41%) growth leaders are currently testing blockchain technology versus less than a fifth (19%) of other institutions.
To read the full report, visit www.FISReadinessReport.com.About the FIS Growth Readiness Report The survey was conducted between March and May 2017, in collaboration with Longitude Research, of 1,000 senior-level respondents across the buy- and sell-side of the institutional and wholesale financial services market and insurance companies. Sectors surveyed include: Commercial and investment banks, 25%; Broker-dealers, 15%; Asset managers, 23%; Fund administrators, 14%; Insurance companies, 16%; Pension funds, 6%. Regions surveyed: Europe, 30%; North America, 30%; APAC, 25%; LATAMEA, 16%. Seniority: C-suite, 26%; Head of business unit / Director-level, 74%. Function: Trading and investment, 18%; Risk and compliance, 18%; Operations, 18%; IT, 15%; Finance and treasury, 20%; Sales, 7%; Other, 4%. About FIS FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, consulting, and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 57,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing, financial software and banking solutions. Providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that empowers the financial world, FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500 ® Index. For more information about FIS, visit www.fisglobal.com. Follow FIS on Facebook ( facebook.com/FIStoday) and Twitter ( @FISGlobal).