Shareholders of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE - Get Report) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.3% annualized dividend yield can sell the November covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.65 bid, which annualizes to an additional 16.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 18.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $25 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but UVE shares would have to climb 2% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 8.8% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for UVE below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 2.3% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing UVE's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $25 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the November covered call at the $25 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $25. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (considering the last 252 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $24.45) to be 37%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the UVE Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com.
More from Stocks
Netflix To Boost Kid-Friendly Programming With Nickelodeon Deal
Netflix and Nickelodeon will jointly produce original shows as part of a multi-year deal.
Elon Musk, Tesla Board Misled Investors in SolarCity Deal - Report
Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk misled investors in suggesting that buying solar panel producer and distributor SolarCity for $2 billion almost three years ago was a good long-term move for the electric car company, a report says.
NetApp Shares Steady After Data-Management Firm Beats Profit Estimate
The company remains "disciplined in our spending," the CEO said in a statement. NetApp ended the quarter with $3 billion of cash and equivalents.
Peloton Stock Spikes on Report of Planned New, Cheaper Exercise Machines
Peloton investors are looking for more affordable workout devices to spark the stock since its post-IPO decline.