Following this opening statement on Thursday, Comey will answer questions from the Senate Intelligence Committee. Trump fired Comey in May while the FBI was investigating the Trump transition team's ties to Russia.
Sirius XM is negotiating a private investment in public equity after talks about Sirius XM acquiring Pandora in its entirety ended unsuccessfully over price disagreements, the sources told Reuters.
If the negotiations between Sirius XM and Pandora work out, the deal would come after private-equity firm KKR & Co. (KKR) agreed last month to invest $150 million in Pandora.
KKR's agreement gave Pandora 30 days to look for an alternative deal. This period expires on Thursday, and so Sirius XM was racing late on Wednesday to beat that deadline and clinch its own investment in Pandora, the sources told Reuters.
Pandora shares rose 2.6% in premarket trading while Sirius fell 0.4%.
Oath will include Yahoo! and its properties, AOL, Huffington Post and other brands.
Verizon and AOL didn't comment specifically on potential layoffs on Wednesday, but acknowledged that changes will come.
"With access to over 1 [billion] consumers upon close, we will be positioned to drive one of the most important platforms in the consumer brand space," an AOL spokesperson said. "Consistent with what we have said since the deal was announced, we will be aligning our global organization to the strategy."
Shareholders of Yahoo! vote on the Verizon transaction Thursday at a special meeting in Santa Clara, Calif.
5. -- Alibaba (BABA) shares were rising 11.6% in premarket trading, suggesting the stock would open at a record high, after China's biggest e-commerce company forecast another massive surge in full year revenue.
Alibaba Chief Financial Officer Maggie Wu said annual sales will rise between 45% and 49% in the 2018 fiscal year, a figure that topped analysts' forecasts and implies revenue of up to $34.3 billion, well ahead of the $31.42 billion expected, according to a Bloomberg survey.
Read More Trending Articles:
- Alibaba Set For Record Open as Investors Go Berserk After Sales Forecasts Crush Estimates
- Thursday's 'Triathlon of Terror' Is Overblown: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Wednesday 6/7/17)
- AMD Has Become a Very Big Deal for Several Reasons, Explains Jim Cramer
- AMD Has Suddenly Become One of the Most Explosive Stocks in the Market -- Here's Why
- Market Recon: Forget James Comey and Theresa May -- Here's What You Should Worry About